Sunday, March 20, 2016

Alcoholic Coffee Recipes

Delicious Coffee Recipes with Bite!

Who hasn’t gone out to dinner and ordered a special liqueur coffee to finish off their meal with? It’s a lovely treat and one which I personally enjoy on occasion, but did you know it’s easy enough to replicate these alcoholic coffee recipes at home?

One of my aunties made me my first alcoholic coffee drink when I was still a few months under age (don’t tell my dad!), it was delicious although the coffees I choose to enjoy now are a lot more sophisticated than that one which was made with instant coffee, sugar and vodka!

Let’s have a look at some delicious liqueur coffee recipes….

Irish Coffee Recipes

How to Make Irish Coffee

I think one of the most common types of alcoholic coffee drinks are Irish coffees and there are lots of different recipes for Irish Coffees available from the whisky inspired (classic) Irish coffees to the Baileys Irish coffees (my preferred type).

Irish Cappuccino

This recipe isn’t your usual Irish coffee recipe as it contains Baileys instead of Irish whisky, but I’ve listed it first as Baileys is one of my favourite liqueurs (alongside Kahlua and crème de cacao!). You will need –

5 oz hot coffee
3 oz Baileys
Nutmeg
Sweetened whipped cream (or dessert topping)

All you have to do is pour the Baileys into the cup and top up with the black coffee then stir the drink together. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some nutmeg on top – delicious, although I must admit I will often substitute the nutmeg for shaved chocolate!

Irish Coffee

I’m not a big whisky fan so I haven’t actually made this recipe, but it was given to me by a friend who swears it’s delicious and it makes up 6 coffees. You’ll need-

4 cups of fresh coffee
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup Irish Whisky
¼ cup sugar
2tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Irish Whisky

Pop the coffee along with ½ cup of whiskey and ¼ cup of sugar into a saucepan on a low heat and cook, but do not let it boil. Whip up the cream adding the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of whisky as you do.

Pour the coffee evenly into the cups and then spoon on the whiskey cream on the top to serve.

Normally Irish coffees are served in a glass (like the majority of liqueur coffees in fact), but if you had one of these mugs wouldn’t you prefer to serve them in it? The first is just a funny Irish Coffee mug which would certainly look good while you’re drinking it and would also make a great St Patrick’s Day gift for any Irish person you know!

These next ones include their own recipes – two have versions of Irish Coffee and the other one has what sounds like a delicious version of a Baileys Irish Coffee which they’ve named the Steamin’ Irishman.
Irish Coffee Recipe Coffee Mug Irish Coffee Cup Coffee Mugs 'Steamin Irish' Coffee Mug Cocktails by KoffeeKat
Click on the mug you like to check the price and/or buy it


Liqueur Lattes

Delicious Alcoholic Coffee Drinks

There are lots of different flavoured liqueur lattes that you can make and one which I often serve when I’m having friends over for dinner is a Frangelico Latte.

Frangelico Latte

1 shot Frangelico
1 shot espresso
Steamed milk
Milk Foam or Whipped Cream

Simply pour a shot of Frangelico into a cup and add a shot of espresso before popping in the steamed milk. Stir the liquid all together, lifting from the bottom like you would if you were using a syrup instead of a liqueur. Top with foamed milk or whipped cream – I always use foamed milk on mine, but if I was after a more decadent drink I’d use the whipped cream and top it with a little chocolate syrup and chopped hazelnuts.

Other Liqueur Lattes can be made the same was, but just substitute the Frangelico with your favourite liqueur, ideas include –

  • Kahlua
  • Crème de Menthe
  • Chambord
  • Baileys
  • Sambuca

More Alcoholic Coffee Recipes

Amaretto Coffee

My friend made this for us one night and I have to say it certainly gave me a kick (not sure if it was the recipe or because I was feeling tired!).

1 ½ cups of coffee (she used an instant coffee, one of the Mocconas)
½ cup Amaretto
Whipped Cream

This made two cups because neither of our husbands drink coffee! She simply poured the Amaretto into the cups then added the coffee, stirred it together and topped with lashings of whipped cream!

Nuts and Berries Mocha Espresso

This is a simply delicious coffee, I usually like my coffee with milk (ie a latte or mocha), but the sweetness of the Chambord and chocolate and the nuttiness of the Frangelico really leaves you feeling totally satisfied without any dairy added!

You will need –

¼ cup freshly brewed espresso
1 tsp Frangelico
1 tsp Chambord
1 tsp chocolate syrup

Simply pour all of the ingredients into a coffee cup and stir together – does it get any easier to make than that?!

Alcoholic Cappuccino

Now this is a recipe that I came across which looks very delicious and is one I’m hoping to try soon, it sounds like a deliciously creamy alcoholic mocha so I’m not sure where the name Alcoholic Cappuccino came from. Both rum and brandy help to intensify the flavour of chocolate (crème de cacao is a chocolate liqueur) so I’m itching to have some people over to try this out!

You will need -

3 cups coffee
3 cups half and half
4 oz crème de cacao
2 oz rum
2 oz brandy

Pop all of these ingredients into a saucepan together to heat through and then pour into cups to serve. I think that I would personally froth up some milk and add a little milk foam on the top and some grated chocolate which wasn’t in the original recipe, but looking at the ingredients I think it would really add something to it.

NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, as a Zazzle affiliate I also earn from qualifying purchases

No comments: